Friday, June 15, 2007

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Standing up for what I believe in
Is the greater part of who I am
My purpose is clear: absence of sin
Giving all of my faith to the Lamb

Got money, a house and an automobile
I live to support my family
Cry when I need to, shows that I feel
I'm sensitive, but I can also be mean

Never afraid to speak of my mind
Fighting for honour and the truth
A vision for the eyes of the blind
And a solid foundation for our youth

She taught me well, I dress with class
From my collar right down to my shoes
My intention is pure, and clear as glass
And moves the opposite way of abuse

I hunt and fish and bring to harvest
Taking only that which I need
Teaching my self to be dispossessed
Of any action that would lead to greed

Giving thanks each day to my creator
Humility leads us to enlightenment
A real man will always know better
Set aside each day a time to repent

1 comment:

Cheri174evr said...

This is so dear, Greg. A refreshing read. ~Cheri`~